NIJ Training: Forensic DNA for Decisionmakers
Continuing Education Credits
The partner agencies of the DNA Initiative do not provide continuing education credit for the online courses offered.
The objectives of the course are to educate senior-level law enforcement decisionmakers on the policy and practice issues
associated with the effective use of DNA analysis so they will have the knowledge to:
- Streamline investigative processes
- Implement best practices for handling "cold hits"
- Identify the probative value of evidence and prioritize DNA evidence
- More effectively leverage limited resources
- Interact more efficiently with crime laboratories to set expectations and manage caseloads
- Understand the time and resources required from the lab to test different categories of evidence
- Avoid the steep costs that can impact the agency, the public and the practitioner's career if procedures aren't properly implemented
Get New Started
Date Created: April 17, 2012