Communications Technology Assistance
Through a team of radio frequency and communications engineers within the National Law Enforcement and Corrections Technology
Center (NLECTC) system, NIJ's Communications Technology program provides unbiased, third-party technology assistance, advice,
and limited support of tactical operations to the public safety community about communication technology-related issues.
Technology assistance includes, but is not limited to:
- Policy and governance issues.
- Assessment and evaluation of communications equipment. (See Public-Private Partnerships to Evaluate Communications Technology.)
- Radio frequency coverage issues.
- Propagation modeling.
- Assistance with existing equipment.
- Understanding interagency and vendor Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs).
To learn more about communications technology assistance from NIJ:
Note: NIJ does not provide funding for equipment or formal training and does not develop memoranda of understanding or other contractual agreements.
Next section: Communications Technology Outreach and Education
Date Created: November 13, 2007