Electronic Crime Scene Investigation: A Guide for First Responders, Second Edition
April 14, 2008
Chapter 7. Electronic Crime and Digital Evidence Considerations by Crime Category
Section 4 — Death Investigation
Potential digital evidence in death investigations includes:
- Internet service bills.
- Removable media.
- External data storage devices.
- Mobile communication devices.
- Address books and contact information.
- Telephone records.
- Personal writings and diaries.
- Medical records.
- Printed e-mail, notes, and letters.
- Financial or asset records.
- Recently printed material.
- Information regarding legal documents.
- Information regarding Internet activity.
- Will-making software or references.
Date Created: April 9, 2008