Electronic Crime Scene Investigation: A Guide for First Responders, Second Edition
April 14, 2008
Chapter 7. Electronic Crime and Digital Evidence Considerations by Crime Category
Section 7 — Gambling
Potential digital evidence in gambling investigations includes:
- Removable media.
- PDA, address books, or contact lists.
- External data storage devices.
- Customer database and bettor records.
- Information regarding Internet activity.
- Electronic money transfers.
- Online banking software.
- Sports betting statistics.
- Customer information or credit card data.
- Financial asset records.
- Printed e-mail, notes, and letters.
- References to online gambling sites.
Date Created: April 9, 2008