Electronic Crime Scene Investigation: A Guide for First Responders
April 14, 2008
Chapter 7. Electronic Crime and Digital Evidence Considerations by Crime Category
Section 3 — Counterfeiting
Potential digital evidence in counterfeiting investigations includes:
- Handheld mobile devices.
- PDAs or address books.
- Information regarding Internet activity.
- Information regarding checks, currency, and money orders.
- Removable media and external data storage devices.
- Credit card magnetic strip reader.
- Online banking software.
- Reproductions of signatures.
- Customer information or credit card data.
- False identification.
- Printed e-mail, notes, and letters.
- False financial transaction forms.
- Information regarding financial records.
- Printouts of databases.
Date Created: April 9, 2008