Home > History > Selected Bibliography
The Selected Bibliography is a list of the writings that have been used in the assemblage of the training program and is not a complete record of all the works and sources consulted. It is a compilation of the substance and range of readings and extensive experience of the subject matter experts.
- Berg, S. 1965. The history of firearms identification. Identification News 15 (6): 5-15.
- Berg, S. 1979. The drama of forensic ballistics. AFTE J 11 (3): 44.
- Biasotti, A. A. 1959. A statistical study of the individual characteristics of fired bullets. J Forensic Sci 4 (1): 34-50.
- Biasotti, A. A. 1964. The principles of evidence evaluation as applied to firearms and tool mark identification. J Forensic Sci 9 (4): 428-433.
- Biasotti, A. A. 1981. Bullet bearing surface composition and rifling (bore) conditions as variables in the reproduction of individual characteristics on fired bullets. AFTE J 13 (2): 94.
- Ramsland, K. (n.d.) The pressure is on. Ballistics: The Science of Guns. Court TV Crime Library website; retrieved December 18, 2007. http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/forensics/ ballistics/1.html
- Daubert on the Web. The Frye opinion. Web page retrieved December 18, 2007.
- Davis, J.E. 1958. Introduction to Tool Marks, Firearms and the Striagr. Springfield: Charles C Thomas Pub Ltd.
- Forensic Technology, Inc. All products. Web page retrieved December 18, 2007.
- Hatcher, J.S. 1947. Hatcher’s Notebook. Harrisburg: Military Service Publishing Co.
- National Clearing House for Science Technology and the Law. 2004. United States. v. Foster. Web page retrieved December 18, 2007.
- National Clearing House for Science Technology and the Law. 2003. United States. v. ODriscoll. Web page retrieved December 18, 2007.
- President’s DNA Initiative. Principles of Forensic DNA for Officers of the Court. Web page retrieved December 18, 2007.
- Smith, B.C. Summer 1975. The last illness and death of General Thomas Jonathan (Stonewall) Jackson. VMI Alumni Rev.
- State v. Johnson, 2006-Ohio-209.
- Tulleners, F.A. 2001. Technical Evaluation: Feasibility of a Ballistics Imaging Database for All New Handgun Sales. Sacramento: California Department of Justice.
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the Inspector General. 2005. NIBIN program history. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ National Integrated Ballistic Information Network. Audit report 05-30. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Justice. http://www.justice.gov/oig/reports/ATF/a0530/app2.htm
- Warniment, D. 2003. Brownsville investigation – A historical cartridge case comparison. AFTE J 34 (4): 375.