Using the Training Program
This training program presents the knowledge component required for new firearm examiners. It complements the existing Training Manual and Procedural Manual developed by the Association of Firearm and Tool Mark Examiners (AFTE). These manuals are available from AFTE upon request.
Click here to visit the AFTE website
Training firearm examiners using a blended approach of technology-based training together with traditional methods of on-the-job mentoring has several advantages, including:
- self-paced modular units of instruction enabling scheduling flexibility,
- increased time available for hands on practical training,
- increased case production,
- reduced time from training inception to casework production,
- consistent quality of training,
- documentation and tracking of training.