Creating the Crime Scene Guides: Technical Working Groups
Each of these guides was developed collectively by a separate Technical Working Group — multidisciplinary groups of content-area experts from across the United States, from both urban and rural jurisdictions, each representing his or her respective agency or practice. Each of these individuals is experienced in the area of crime scene investigation and evidence collection in the criminal justice system from the standpoints of law enforcement, prosecution, defense or forensic science.
Learn more about each Technical Working Group from the published guides:
- Crime Scene Investigation: A Reference for Law Enforcement (pdf, 60 pages)
- Death Investigation: A Guide for the Scene Investigator (pdf, 72 pages)
- Fire and Arson Scene Evidence: A Guide for Public Safety Personnel (pdf, 73 pages)
- Guide for Explosion and Bombing Scene Investigation (pdf, 64 pages)
- Electronic Crime Scene Investigation: A Guide for First Responders (pdf, 93 pages)
Note: The discussion of the Technical Working Group is from the first edition of th Electronic Crime Scene guide. Please refer to the updated second edition for guidance.