As modern air travel and electronic communications extend criminal activities beyond national borders, the International Center
provides a global perspective for NIJ-supported federal, state and local criminal justice programs.
The International Center:
- Increases awareness of transnational crime and its effects on local communities.
- Improves domestic and international access to information about transnational crime.
- Supports global research partnerships to conduct joint studies on all aspects of crime.
- Ensures that NIJ-funded research programs examine and evaluate the effects, prevention and control of crime within and across
- Disseminates research, technology and best practices for fighting local, national and transnational crime.
The Center focuses on the following areas of research:
- International organized crime.
- Trafficking in persons.
Date Modified: April 27, 2010