This page has been archived by the National Institute of Justice and is no longer updated. It may contain outdated information and broken links.
As modern air travel and electronic communications extend criminal activities beyond national borders, the International Center provides a global perspective for NIJ-supported federal, state and local criminal justice programs.
The International Center:
- Increases awareness of transnational crime and its effects on local communities.
- Improves domestic and international access to information about transnational crime.
- Supports global research partnerships to conduct joint studies on all aspects of crime.
- Ensures that NIJ-funded research programs examine and evaluate the effects, prevention and control of crime within and across borders.
- Disseminates research, technology and best practices for fighting local, national and transnational crime.
The Center focuses on the following areas of research:
- International organized crime.
- Trafficking in persons.
Date Modified: April 27, 2010