Projects Funded by NIJ Awards
Every year, NIJ awards funding for research, development, evaluation, testing and training and technical assistance projects across the spectrum of criminal justice.
In the list below select:
- "Solicitation detail" (when available) to view a list of each solicitation released in a fiscal year and the number and value of resulting awards.
- "List of all funded projects" to view a list of each award made in that fiscal year. For awards from 2004 to the present, that list includes links to detailed information on each award.[Notes]
Notes on Awards
- The data are provided by the OJP Grants Management System (GMS).
- While data going back to fiscal year 1995 are included, for any year prior to fiscal year 2004 the lists may not be complete.
- Projects funded under grants and cooperative agreements are included. Project funded under contracts and inter-agency agreements are not.
- The data represent what applicants and program staff entered into GMS at the time of the award.
- The description covers only the initial intent of the project. The scope and details of a research project may change over the life of the project. Any such changes are not reflected in the database.
- The data are presented based on the fiscal year in which the award was made. The fiscal year runs from October 1 to September 30. For example, fiscal year 2014 starts on October 1, 2013 and ends on September 30, 2014.